Lauren MacKinnon is a Clinical Psychologist and board-approved supervisor with over 12 years’ experience. She has experience working with children, young people, adults and families, particularly those who have been impacted by trauma. Lauren has a warm and gentle approach to create a safe environment for clients to explore their concerns, better understand themselves and develop healthier ways of coping. Lauren can support clients with a range of presenting issues including anxiety, depression, trauma, parenting concerns, behavioural difficulties, grief and loss, and difficulties in relationships.
• Complex presentations including those with a background of trauma and attachment disruption
• Working with parents from an attachment informed approach
• Anxiety disorders, mood disorders, PTSD, emotional and behavioural regulation difficulties, relationship and interpersonal difficulties, developmental concerns, parenting, parent-teen conflict, perinatal support, and adjustment to parenting
• Children and young people with challenging behaviours including aggression and antisocial behaviours, suicidal ideation, and self-harm.
• Trauma and attachment informed interventions
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Trauma-Focussed CBT (TF-CBT)
• Mentalization Based Treatment (MBT)
• Circle of Security Parenting
• Dyadic intervention- working with children and their caregiver
• Mindfulness based therapies including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
• Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR).
Lauren has extensive experience working across Government Departments in the Disability and Child Protection sector. She has experience as a clinician, clinical supervisor and senior consultant.
Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
Master of Psychology (Clinical)
Awards and Memberships:
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Referrals are accepted from Medicare Better Access, Private Health & External Agencies