Polina is fully registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and is endorsed in the area of Clinical Psychology. Polina is a down to earth, compassionate therapist, with a non-judgmental and strengths-based approach to her work with clients. She is dedicated to understanding the development of problematic patterns by means of thorough assessment to inform evidence-based and effective intervention. Polina has experience working in both the private and non-for-profit sector; working with adults, couples, adolescents, children and families.
Polina has a passion for helping clients develop confidence in themselves and their ability to overcome difficulties of various natures. She has a particular interest in working with difficulties such as low self-esteem, sexual dysfunction, anger management, anxiety and depression.
• Kids are Kids! (Clinical Psychologist) 2017
• Mandurah Psychological Services (Clinical Psychologist) 2016 – 2018
• Abbotsford Private Hospital (Hospital Psychologist) 2015 –2017
• South Coastal Women’s Health Service (Clinical Psychologist Registrar) 2016
• Communicare, Family Without Fear Program (Therapeutic Programs Officer) 2014 –2016
• Family Pathways (Clinical Psychologist Trainee) 2015
• Edith Cowan University (Academic Assessor) 2015
• Master of Clinical Psychology
• Master of Sexology
• Post Graduate Diploma in Sexology
• Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) Honours
• Bachelor of Behavioral Science (Psychology)
Awards & Memberships
Highest Achievement Award for Master of Sexology (2012)
Australian Clinical Psychology Association (ACPA)
Australian Psychological Society (APS)
Australian Association for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (AACBT)
Circle of Security Parent Educator
Sexual difficulties, disfunction and discrepancies, anxiety, depression and stress, anger management, self-esteem, relationships and psychological assessments.
Polina has a strong background in cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), with an interest in integrating complimenting theoretical concepts from schema therapy, motivational interviewing, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), sensorimotor psychotherapy, narrative therapy, mentalisation, mindfulness as well as systems and attachment theory.
Referrals accepted from MVA insurance, Worker’s Compensation, Medicare referrals, self-referrals.
Referrals are accepted from MVA insurance, Workers’ Compensation, EAP, Medicare based referrals and self-referral.
Go back to Cygnet Clinic home page by clicking here.